Easy methods for repairing leaky shower regulators
Leaking shower faucets can sometimes be repulsively irritating. On a bright weekend morning, when one plans to chill, the tedious job of repairing them can be nagging to the core. But fixing leaky shower faucets has become a task which can be completed with the blink of an eye...and it's unbelievably true!!!
Repairing those ever leaking shower regulators is no longer a job that would drive you crazy, all you need is a never say die attitude, some of the most useful tools and a moderate time from your busy schedule. Do no believe it??? Just follow these simple steps to experience the ease of mending:
1. The first step is to stop the main water supply to the shower regulator. As a matter of common sense, before working on anything, it has to be detached from the source of whatever it works on.
2. Rotate the faucet to open it up for drying it up completely.
3. The faucet is comprised of a handle screw which is placed beneath the snap on the cover. Carefully rotate the handle screw in a clockwise direction to remove it to see the basic area of the fault. Please keep in mind that extreme pressure must not be applied to the handle to avoid any damage as the same handle is to be readjusted on to the regulator.
4. As the handle is being removed, please try not to fiddle to much with a stubborn handle. Take care of the strength being applied.
5. On inspecting the inner parts of the open faucet, you would discover a seal made of rubber. Slightly hold to seal to judge its condition. If it leaves a blackish coating on your hands, the seal needs a replacement.
6. Now that you have gauged the real cause of the trouble, its time to buy a new seal and fit into the regulator. It must be made sure that the new seal fits in accurately; else the problem might persist for a longer period.
7. Major work is finished now. You just need to readjust the handle back to its original position. As mentioned earlier, keep in mind that you do not use an excessive force while putting it back or the consequences will surely drive you insane.
8. Recheck your shower to know if your work is done. If in case it still is not working, calmly follow the prior procedure again.
Voila!! Cheers to the hard work!!!
If you have done the prescribed steps two times but have failed, calling a professional would be a better idea.